March 6, 2020
Students interested in serving and representing the Lomita community abroad as student ambassadors can now apply for the Lomita Sister City’s Student Exchange Program and take advantage of the opportunity to travel to Takaishi, Japan this summer.
Since its inception in 1981, the annual exchange of students between Takaishi and Lomita has been the principal focus of the Lomita Sister City Association’s activities. Every year, the Association has sent deserving students and one chaperone to Japan for two to three weeks. On alternate years, the association facilitates the hosting of students from Takaishi. The student exchange program is a leadership opportunity for students who are dedicated to serving their communities and it gives students an opportunity to grow culturally, socially, and academically.
The application deadline has been extended to April 3, 2020.
• A high school or college student between the ages of 16-22 at the time of application
• A legal U.S. resident
• Must have a “C” average (2.0 GPA)
• Interested in learning about Japanese customs, culture, and language
• Live, work or perform community service in Lomita
• Willing to participate in all Lomita Sister City Association activities and become a member
• Must commit to being a host family.
For additional information and to apply, visit the website at https://lomitasistercity.webs.com/.