South Bay By Jackie is your source for the latest Hawthorne events.
Every Tuesday night, comedian Dave Williamson presents a line-up featuring the best professional stand-up comics in Los Angeles. Crafts n’ Laughs has become one of the most popular playgrounds in the city for working comics to hone their material and to have a good time with our fun South Bay regulars.
This show is FREE, and welcomes anyone looking for a fun, affordable night out. Flights offers great food and an amazing craft beer selection.
For additional information, visit the website at https://flightsbeerbar.com/events/.
Flights Beer Bar is located at 5119 West El Segundo Boulevard, Hawthorne, CA 90250.
October 25 – 27, 2019
Tour the haunted brewery, throw some axes, play games and win prizes while enjoying delicious beer and tacos. Tacos, tacos, and more tacos brought to you courtesy of LB Tacos and Tacos La Bomba. Staying in the spirit of harvest season, they will be releasing the newest wet hop brew on Friday, October 25.
• Take a Haunted Brewery Tour through the production area and back rooms to see what it’s really like being a brewer. Beware: bodies and blood. Haunted tours take place Friday, Saturday, and Sunday* at 6pm, 7pm, 8pm, 9pm, and 10pm (*Last tour on Sunday is at 9pm).
• Feeling brave? Put your hand inside blacked-out boxes and feel around to guess what it is you’re touching.
• Best Costume Contest winner receives a Common Space gift card.
• Pumpkin Stomp, for kids. Chase the orange and black balloons! Stomp and pop them to see what prize you win!
• Ghost Lollipop Station – perfect for young children. Stop by the booth to make and keep your own ghost lollipop.
November 6, 2019
Aerospace engineer and former curator of the Western Museum of Flight, Lynn Jenson, will discuss Hawthorne’s role in the history of flight.
Attendees will enjoy socializing, light refreshments and the presentation.
Suggested donation is $5 per person.
If you plan to attend, please RSVP to HawthorneHistorical@gmail.com.
The Hawthorne Historical Museum is located at 14100 Prairie Avenue, Hawthorne, CA 90250.