April 10, 2020
Like most non-profit arts organizations, the Torrance Cultural Arts Foundation (TOCA) has been hit pretty hard by the current Covid-19 pandemic. They had to postpone nine (9) performances and the annual fundraising event is in question leaving them to have to scramble for other possible fundraising events… then they had an idea.
As you probably know by now, one of TOCA’s favorite events is South Bay’s Got Talent.
For the last 6 years, young performers would audition for their chance to win a scholarship to the World Championships of the Performing Arts. Just last year, they added an additional cash prize to the top three performers… not to mention the Judge’s Favorite Awards that are given out by the amazing panel of judges.
While TOCA still plans to hold the annual South Bay’s Got Talent event during the 2020/2021 season, they thought that since there are so many folks at home, that it might be a nice diversion to have a virtual edition of the event.
Ladies and gentlemen, introducing the virtual SBGT audition.
They are asking performers of all ages to submit a video of them performing their routine/song/number. They will put them up on the website so people can vote for their favorite. The three performers with the most votes will move on to the live performance and their chance to win up to $500.
To help raise the funds to keep TOCA going and help young up and coming talent, they will be charging $1 per vote.
How it works:
• Take a video of you performing your talent.
• Make sure that the audio and video quality are good.
• Video must have been of a performance no earlier than November 2019.
• Must be a live performance.
• Can be shot in your home, a studio, theater or any other live performance.
• Submit the completed form on line (be sure to include your video link) by April 24, 2020. The form can be found at https://torrancearts.org/sbgt2020/
• Voting will begin on May 4, 2020
• Voting will end May 29, 2020
• Each vote costs $1
• The top 3 vote getters will automatically move on to the live performance for their chance at a $500 award.
• Each submission will be sent a link to promote their participation and to urge people to vote for them. Additional information is on the form.