May 22, 2020
1. BEACHES AND BIKE PATHS ARE OPEN FOR RECREATIONAL USE
LA County Beaches and Bike Paths including the Strand are open for recreational use. Here are the safety protocols and additional information about beach visits:
• #BYOM—Bring your own mask. Everyone needs a face covering while out of the water IF there are other people outside of your household are nearby. Infants and children under the age of 2 should not wear cloth face coverings.
• Practice physical distancing. Stay at least six feet away from other people who are not in your household. Avoid crowded areas or crowding around others at the beach.
• Swim near an open lifeguard tower and check-in with lifeguards for ocean conditions and hazards.
• Gatherings of any size or other events are STILL not allowed on the beaches including athletic competitions, youth camps, or recreational programming.
• Chairs, umbrellas, canopies, coolers, grills, concessions, and food vending are not allowed.
• Piers, volleyball courts, and boardwalks are closed except for the purpose of customers accessing retailer’s curbside and door side and essentia l businesses along the boardwalk.
You can read the latest Health Officer Order by visiting http://publichealth.lacounty.gov/media/Coronavirus/?utm_content=&utm_medium=email&utm_name=&utm_source=govdelivery&utm_term=